Second Grade Mathematics
*Parents will receive a handout of the CCSS for Mathematics
1. Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
2. Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
3. Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
4. Model with mathematics.
5. Use appropriate tools strategically.
6. Attend to precision.
7. Look for and make use of structure.
8. Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning
Operations and Algebraic Thinking Measurement and Data
* Represent and solve problems involving * Measure and estimate length
addition and subtraction. in standard units.
* Add and subtract within 20. * Relate addition and subtraction
* Work with equal groups of objects to gain to length.
foundations for multiplication. * Work with time and money
* Represent and interpret data
Number and Operations in Base Ten Geometry
* Understand place value. * Reason with shapes and their
* Use place value understanding and attributes.
properties of operations to add and subtract.
- Morning Time: Variety of Skills
- Daily Math: Envision Math - individual, partner, small group, large group
- Math Lab: Coming soon - details TBD
- Written Homework: Originally planned - at least 2 nights but pages are shorter so they may come home more frequently.
- Studying: Record of studying 4 times in 7 days (minimum)